This post may contain affiliate links.
I am wholeheartedly guilty of wanting to bring all my makeup with me on vacation. I want to bring every lipstick, because there's always a chance that I might need that bright pink shade for a day. On my last trip to sunny Florida, I brought two whole makeup bags with foundations, concealers, multiple mascaras and powders, and then proceeded to use about three products the entire trip. The weather was too muggy for foundation, and just about any other product that I attempted to apply ran down my face in the sun. I wasted SO much space in my bag toting all the makeup in the world with me, when I couldn't even use it. That's when I realized that I needed to make a list of the essentials and stick with it. It would keep my time getting ready in the morning short and sweet, and my bag light.
1. Waterproof Mascara - This is a product that I almost felt afraid of for a long time. I am addicted to my Urban Decay mascara and felt a little sad parting with it for this trip, but it has been so worth it. I had no smudges under my eyes and my lashes looked full for the entire day in the sun. I prefer Bella Pierre Volume Lash, which you can get for 5 dollars and some change on Amazon!
2. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes - Literal godsend for me. These take all the makeup off at the end of the day, even matte lipsticks and waterproof mascara. After a day running around, this takes out the step of showering or washing your face to remove the makeup. I stash these just about everywhere, they're just that good.
3. Waterproof Eyeliner - Once again, keeps you smudge free and sharp all day. My eyeliner tends to run just like mascara, so having a product that stays put while I'm out and about is so important. I am in love with Kat Von D's Trooper liner, it stays all day long and the applicator is amazing.
4. Oil Blotting Sheets - Another godsend. When you're traveling to warmer climates, it helps to have something to help clean up your skin midway through the day. I have combination skin, so this really helps me touch my face up without using a powder. I prefer the Clean & Clear sheets, I keep a pack in my bag for whenever I need them.
5. Lipstick - If you aren't a lipstick person, you can leave this one out. I admittedly will pack up about ten of my favorites to take with me, but since they're smaller I can easily pack multiples. I am in love with Kat Von D's Everlasting Lipsticks. The pigmentation is incredible, it goes on smooth, and isn't over the top drying for a liquid matte lipstick. They stay all day and are my go to lipstick.
6. Face Wash - While this may seem almost painfully obvious, a good facial wash eliminates so many problems in the future. I have been using Purity Made Simple by Philosophy for years now, and it is amazing. It's non drying, has a simple fragrance and lasts me ages.
7. Lip Balm - After being in the sun, wearing lipsticks, and just general wear and tear, at the end of the day, you need a good balm to help bring your lips back to life. I put a balm on nightly to avoid dryness, and I love the Jack Black Balm.
8. Moisturizer - This is an absolute must. I am in love with Cetaphil for my skin, its affordable, and you get a ton in the tub. I use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive skin and I love it.
Whats in your makeup bag when you travel? Any essential items you can't live without? Let me know in the comment section below!